Raising an Exception when a Constraint is Violated

From: Aaron Jaque <aaron.jaque_at_cybersurf.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:06:43 -0600

I'm trying to raise an exception when an integrity constraint is violated. I can catch the error with the "WHEN OTHERS" exception, but I want to catch the specific error individually. The error looks like this: ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02291: integrity constraint (SCHEMA_NAME.CONSTRAINT_NAME) violated - parent key not found
ORA-06512: at "SCHEMA_NAME.PACKAGE_NAME", line 82 ORA-06512: at line 1

Is there a way to catch this specific error, maybe by number?

Thanks,
Aaron Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 13:06:43 CDT