Re: pl/sql refcursor

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:40:56 +0200

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:47:52 -0400, "Sylvain Dumont" <sylvain_dumont_at_karat.com> wrote:

>do something like that.!!
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE KSP_PLSQLRSETPKG
> AS
>TYPE RCT1 IS REF CURSOR;
>END;
>;
>
>the first parameter "oraclebug" is to bypass the oracle bug doesn't accept a
>string for the first parameters
>when in the odbc tab sqlserver migration is on
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE KSP_TEST
> ( ORACLEBUG INT DEFAULT 0,
>RC1 IN OUT KSP_PLSQLRSETPkg.RCT1,
>RC2 IN OUT KSP_PLSQLRSETPkg.RCT1

REF CURSORs should be OUT parameters.
Do you think when you know so little about Oracle, you are justified to shout 'bug' in all your posts. This is just crappy code and nothing more.
If you think it is a bug, why don't you submit an Itar? No Support Contract, I guess. I have been wading on your behalf through Metalink and couldn't find any reference to your 'bug'. I now see you are just running crappy code. A ref cursor is a cursor, and you can't assign it a string parameter. PERIOD. Please stop posting your unfounded accusations and start learning Oracle.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 12:40:56 CDT