What are the minimum privs needed to acces V$VERSION, OPTION, PARAMETER ?

From: Scott W <CantGiveMyAddressBecauseIm_at_work.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:35:20 GMT

Does a user have to have dba privs to access such system views as V$OPTION, V$PARAMETER, and V$VERSION ? You cannot grant selects on them since they are not fixed. The only other way I know of is through the SELECT ANY TABLE. I have a customer who doesn't like any of this (doesn't want to grant DBA or SELET ANY TABLE) so I am looking for any other way for a non-DBA to access these views.

TIA, Scott Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 11:35:20 CDT