Re: ORCALE certify and training question

From: Ivan Demkovitch <idemkovitch_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:01:57 GMT

> Certification may get you an interview, and I emphasize MAY. But it will
not
> get you a job.
>
> The best thing to do is to take something you have previously built in SQL
> Server and duplicate it, from scratch, in Oracle. And to make sure that
you do
> it the Oracle way rather than trying to clone the SQL Server logic. This
means
> you need to understand multiversioning, understand the transaction model,
> understand the locking, and not use temp tables and other standard SQL
Server
> kludges.

I was thinking about this. I will write new project using Oracle backend as much as possible.

> Then find a large company that offers internships or a non-profit where
you
> can volunteer your time and get real experience and something to put on
your
> resume while waiting for the economy to pick up again (likely just in time
for
> the elections in 2004).

Do you think it is possible to find position as VB developer knowing Oracle back-end.
Whatever I learn should be enough to access Oracle DB and write Oracle sp's

Thanks! Received on Mon Jun 17 2002 - 18:01:57 CDT