Please help me to finish this Oracle 8 for Linux installation.

From: fish <yuzuohong_at_online.sh.cn>
Date: 14 Jun 2002 21:56:24 -0700

Hi all,

I downloaded the ORACLE 8i for Linux installation file. That's "linux817ee.tar.gz". I switch to user "ORACLE" to do the following acction.
I unpacked the package and run the install command "runinstaller". Then I got such a message...

[oracle_at_svr1 linux]$ ./runInstaller
Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre. Please wait...

Then I waited and no response now.
I guess maybe I got something wrong about JDK? I don't know. Please help me out.

fish Received on Fri Jun 14 2002 - 23:56:24 CDT