Re: ??? HTTPS Connection From a Java Stored Procedure ???

From: Rauf Sarwar <rsarwar_at_ifsna.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2002 20:25:58 -0700

fcolon_at_onebox.com (Frank) wrote in message news:<3271719f.0206131045.6caa7fb7_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I need to write an Oracle stored procedure, that calls a Java stored
> procedure which manages an HTTPS connection to a remote host.
>
> Is this possible? Does anyone have any experience on this?
>
> Can you point me to some online resources?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --Frank

It depends on your Oracle version. If you have version 8.1.x and above then yes you can. You would need to install minimum of JVM in your database, then load your java class using loadjava utility located in ORACLE_HOME\bin folder. Then write your PLSQL wrapper package to call your java class.

Instead of doing all of the above, I would suggest to look at UTL_HTTP package which comes with Oracle. Check documentation at, http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/appdev.901/a89852/utl_http.htm#998100 Received on Fri Jun 14 2002 - 22:25:58 CDT