Re: Perl/Oracle Application Providers?

From: Jacqui caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:25:38 BST

aep_at_TheWorld.com (Andrew E Page) wrote in news:GxnGtz.Gs5_at_world.std.com:

> Is anyone out there building major applications with Perl to access
> large oracle databases?

yes - www.ig.co.uk started the web database integration business off and had a database driven web system up and running just prior to mozilla public launch.

Via Tim BUnce we authored DBI DBD::Oracle and DBD:;ODBC as well as CGI:;MiniSvr - a persistent model preceeding mod-perl etc.

> I'm curious if there is room out there for other interfaces other
> than DBI.

Yes - i.e. I use some in house code to take to various database that talk prop.y XML protocols (no SQL).

Jacqui Received on Fri Jun 14 2002 - 12:25:38 CDT