Re: Mandrake 8.2, Oracle 8i

From: Dragan Colak <dragan_colak_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:31:33 +0200

Robert Zimmermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone installed Oracle 8i on Mandrake 8.2? The installer runs fine,
> no errors until it comes to initialization of the database. Here the
> installer seems to hang. Since 30 min he tells me "Datenbak wird
> initialisiert" (database will be initialized). If i start top i see
> that a prozess "svrmgrl" is running and taking 32 - 33 % cpu. But there
> is no harddisk activity. Can this really take so long? I wonder what it
> is doing? Its my first try to setup Oracle.
>
> tia

Did you read the 'Installation Guide'? I did the mistake to not read it before trying to install Oracle9i. There were some kernel parameters I had to change before starting the installation. Also check the system requirements (kernel, glibc, HDD, RAM).

Dragan Received on Fri Jun 14 2002 - 11:31:33 CDT