Re: Slow INSERT across database link

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:54:33 -0500

Could you clarify a little?
If you just do:
select * from table1, table2_at_remote_database were .... (join statement).

it is fast but if you add the
insert into xxxx as
to it is gets very slow?

If that is the case and a
insert into xxxx as select * from table2_at_remotedatabase where table2.somefield = somevalue  is also fast,
I suspect the fact that the db link can not use an index is somehow involved ...but I don't see how..

also it is not clear whether you are selecting * from both tables ( one of which is a remote db linked one) and inserting into a third table ( local)..

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Fri Jun 14 2002 - 08:54:33 CDT