SQL*plus please help

From: Messiah <asmithster_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:40:33 +0100

HI

I am using oracle 8 with sql plus to return a query which will have the column headers school_name,child_name and dob. What I need to know is how to get the school_name grouped and the dob in order for the childs in that school.
It's a order by within a group, below is my attempt so far:

SELECT school.school_name,child.child_name,child.dob

   2 FROM school,child
   3 WHERE child.school_no = school.school_no and child.dob <= '01-feb-93' 4 ORDER BY school.school_name;

This will get the school_name in order and together but the DOB in not in order.

Any help recieved with great apprechation

This email and all attachments have been scanned with Norton Anti Virus, Total protection for Pc and Mac

www.symantec.com Received on Fri Jun 14 2002 - 06:40:33 CDT