Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Roger Redford <dba_222_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 21:09:33 -0700

Of course. Go ahead.

My feeling on IT management is that you MUST have three things:

1)
Technical skill!!!!! Absolutely. Not debatable. How can you manage that which you don't understand? Could a generalist manager put up a nuclear power plant? No. You must understand what's involved.

2) People skills

3) Management skills.

From someone who has both a management, and a computer degree.