Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:31:44 +0100

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:w9EN8.10682$Hj3.34356_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> When planes can fly, land, fight off terrorists, deal with loss of
engines,
> no landing gear and cyclone weather conditions all by themselves, then
maybe
> we won't need a DBA either.

Actually it wouldn't surprise me if planes could do most of that themselves already if need be, certainly cars can. we just prefer our fatal accidents to be caused by human error so we have someone to blame and our business failures to be caused by 'the computer' so we have something that can take the blame for us.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA