Specifying tablespace for CONTEXT index

From: Ilya Shambat <ishambat_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 13:11:01 -0700

I have tried to get answers to this question in documentation all over the Internet and there are still no answers.

I am trying to create an index on a CLOB field. The syntax for creating indices on CLOB fields is

create index INDEXNAME on TABLENAME
indextype is ctxsys.context
parameters ([parameter string]).

I need to specify the tablespace in which the index is to be created. The documentation says that there is an option to specify storage parameters, which is by running this code:

begin
ctx_ddl.create_preference('mystore', 'BASIC_STORAGE'); ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'I_TABLE_CLAUSE',

'tablespace indexes storage (initial 1M)');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'K_TABLE_CLAUSE',

'tablespace indexes storage (initial 1M)');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'R_TABLE_CLAUSE',

'tablespace indexes storage (initial 1M)');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'N_TABLE_CLAUSE',

'tablespace indexes storage (initial 1M)');
ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystore', 'I_INDEX_CLAUSE',

'tablespace indexes storage (initial 1M)');
end;

and then referencing mystore in the parameters line of the index creation statement. I do not know how to reference mystore in the parameters line, and the documentation does not say. When I run the code

create index INDEXNAME on TABLENAME
indextype is ctxsys.context
parameters ('storage mystore')

I get an error. Is there a way in Oracle to specify a tablespace for a CONTEXT index?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 15:11:01 CDT