Oracle Import and Export - UNIX

From: vc <enzo67_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:09:42 -0400

Hello all and I apologize not being an ORACLE guy or big UNIX guy.

Scenario

  1. Solaris 2.7 machine
  2. ORACLE 7.3.4
  3. Solaris has 3 External drives
  4. The database files are located on the external Drives.

The 2.7 Soalris machine is close to death and have another 2.7 machine where I would like to put the database.

I simply attached the External drives to the new Solaris 2.7 machine and got the system and typed "sqlplus".

I got a login, and attempted to login in.

The error says:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not Available
ORA-07429: smsmsg: shmget() Failed to get segment
SVR Error: 2: No Such File or Directory

MY Assumption
Since I never literally installed ORACLE on the new machine the config files are all wrong.

Question:
can the config files be manipulated manually or is it better to reinstall all of oracle and then grab the Database???

Thanks Alot in advance

Vin Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 12:09:42 CDT