Oracle 9i DBA jobs

From: Lenceman <lenceman_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 06:34:59 GMT

I've been a network engineer for over the last five years doing everyting from Netware, NT, 2000, HP-UX, OpenView, and Cisco to name a few. I was going for the CCIE but after finishing up the CCNP and CCDP tracks I've decided to give routers a rest for now and see how much I like working with Oracle.

I have a few questions.

  1. I'm going to be pushing into the Oracle 9i OCP track. Once I finish this track asuming that i know what I'm doing what does the job market look like for 9i.
  2. Once I finish the 9i OCP what is the value of compleating and learing Oracle Developer 6i track.
  3. What do you think of the new OCM lab? Will it be hard and rewarding like the CCIE?
  4. Will Linux replace Solaris and the # 1 Oracle Platform?
  5. Will MS SQL 2000 trick the Oracle faithfull and start to take control by the time SQL Server 10 comes out? (SQL 2000 is version 8.)

Thanks Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 01:34:59 CDT