Re: sessions and locks on procedures

From: fabienne hadkova <fh_at_q-bus.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:07:37 +0200

Hello and sorry for not answering for so long, I didn't see your post.

> 1. Use an externally authenticated account, for example OPS$, so that you
can
> have a secure read-only account available. And give that account SELECT on
> V_$SESSION which will allow that account to see who else is connected.
I will try this!

> 2. Write the semaphore as a small file in the operating system.
I doubt that I will be allowed to do this.

> Of course there is the third possibility ...
>
> Find a job where management cares about doing a good job.
:-) you're right there, only the management setting these rules is the management of the company we work for. And since that company pays a lot... you know... the client is king or however this is called in English. Thank you very much for your help
Fabienne Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 15:07:37 CDT