Re: Help with error

From: Mark <markg_at_mymail.co.uk>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 02:43:26 -0700

I got this same message a few months back. You are running out of space in the shared pool, or to be precise, Oracle cannot find a large enough contigious block size to perform your action

For me, shutting down and restarting the database worked fine. Flushing the shared pool does not necessarily work and may worsen the problem.

Ideally, you will need to change a few parameters in init.ora. Also, pinning large and heavily used packages in the shared pool will help. Search metalink.oracle.com for ORA-04031 and Bam Buffer, you will get many solutions.