Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:23:12 +1000

In article <3D037238.99116AF1_at_attbi.com>, you said (and I quote):

> Hummmm... Seems to me that they learned enough to keep their jobs.

I don't think so. They still haven't realised that Java is dead. It died the day M$ dumped it. It will take a couple of years for it to settle, but it's a given.
Now, you may think that it is intelligent to know the "software-du-jour" and nothing else. I don't think so. Not if one wants to stay in IT for a career. Which is usually a bit longer than a fad.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto