Re: Password

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 14:16:48 +0100

Martin Soederstroem wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Jun 2002 14:45:42 -0400, the living god Precisely Fred
> <f_puhan_at_precise.com> walked on earth to tell us this:
>
> >In article <if57gu89s4oopv5vcjjjdl1075e9860lg4_at_4ax.com>,
> > Martin Soederstroem <MartinSo_at_privat.utfors.se> wrote:
> >
> >> I recently installed Oracle on my PC. Does anyone know what the
> >> default password for the sysdba and sysoper users is? I can't manage
> >> to log in as them.
> >
> >Try <http://technet.oracle.com/doc/products.htm>
>
> Those only covers up to 8i. I installed 9i. Before 9i, sysdba and
> sysoper did not exist. Instead you had sys. At least that is what SQL+
> tells me when I try to use sys.
>
> >Did you read the Installation Guide?
>
> The what? Are you talking about the setup program? I don't remember
> there being a lot to read in that.
> --
> Martin
> I hate it when people put political statements in their sigs.
> The only thing that is worse is when they put quotation marks
> around something they made up themselves.

Actually they did exist in 8i.

But as you have found out ... we enjoy helping people ... especially those that help themselves.

Before asking it is a good defense to do at least a few of the following:

  1. Read the documentation on the CD
  2. Open a book and explore the table of contents and index
  3. Look at http://tahiti.oracle.com
  4. Look at http://docs.oracle.com
  5. Look at http://technet.oracle.com
  6. Look in the archives at Google.

And, of course, platform, operating system, version, full error message, and optimizer version, snippets, explain plans, etc. are helpful whenever applicable.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Jun 09 2002 - 08:16:48 CDT