Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Madison Pruet <mpruet_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 00:28:09 GMT

I'd expect more of this to come. Oracle is a very competitive company and they know that one of the strongest pieces of ammunition that their competitors fire at them is the number of DBA's that it has tended to take to administer the Oracle system. Expect them to profess 'ease of use', 'self tuning', 'simple setup', etc. in the future. Also, I'd expect to soon hear the Oracle salesmen making claims like "Oracle doesn't require any expensive DBAs or folks special programming talent". And unfortunatly, quite a few folks in MIS management will believe them.