Re: oracle8i-Lite - What´s the login for SQLPlus8??

From: Precisely Fred <f_puhan_at_precise.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 18:40:16 -0400

In article <3d024d35.11887095_at_News.CIS.DFN.DE>, bthom_at_gmx.de (Bernd) wrote:

> Hi,
> i can not access to SQLPlus. I need name, password and host. The
> oracle hotline has instruct me to take "scott" as name and "tiger" as
> pass. But i have no access!! This is not correct!
> Pleas help me!
> Thanks!
> Greetings Bernd

More information is needed to answer your question. Where is the instance located? Do you have the appropriate entry defined in TNSNAMES.ORA? Scott/Tiger is a "built-in" for a newly installed instance, but it is not a given for every database.

When you are attempting to use SQL*Plus, are you using the construct connect user/password_at_instancename?

More information would be helpful.

--
The underscore character does not belong in my address. You know the drill...