80% fuzzy search

From: philippe mercier <pmercier_at_telelingua.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 09:13:05 -0700

Hi

I have a database with tables that contain sentences.

if I have for example a record with the text "the house is white" in a table

I want to know if i can locate this record by typing for example "the house is blue" ? if yes, how.

So in fact, I want the system to look for records that match 80% of my words (or another percentage).

I could also type "the appartment is white" and I want the system to find "the house is white" record since there is only one word difference. Or "the appartment is blue" should also find and tell me that there is a 60% match for example...

can this be done with oracle, how?

thanks
philippe Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 11:13:05 CDT