SQL Query Performance

From: Brad Lindsey <brad_lindsey_at_agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:06:02 -0600

I have a fairly general question ...

Does anybody know of any good resources (books, etc.) that discuss how to tune the performance of SQL (not PL/SQL) queries? Things like the use of indexes, what should/should not be in the SELECT, etc. I've put together several UNION ALL queries and performance seems to be rather sluggish. I don't know if that's to be expected with UNION ALL or if there are tricks/techniques I could learn to make my queries more efficient. Although I specifically mentioned UNION ALL, I'm looking for performance ideas for SQL queries in general.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 11:06:02 CDT