Call SQL script from Windows .bat file **NEWBIE**

From: Andrew King <kingster_1969_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:42:05 -0400

I am currently trying to call a SQL*Plus script from a Windows batch file. I have figured it all out, except for one little piece - I need an error code returned to the %errorlevel% environment variable if there is a problem in the execution of the script/stored proc.

This is what I have so far in my batch file:

set ORACLE_SID=edwm
set ORACLE_HOME=d:\oracle\ora81ee
D:
cd D:\ora\edwm\whs\sql
d:\oracle\ora81ee\bin\sqlplus username/password @whsverify.sql

I have seen things in some scripts/stored procs that I have looked at like "whenever sqlerror exit SQL.SQLCODE". Will this do what I am looking for?

Thanks,

Andy Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 11:42:05 CDT