Re: Portal development vs. production

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:14:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

>We are going live with our portal/portlets/content areas, etc. We have a
>development instance, and a production instance. We have had a great deal of
>difficulty exporting and importing objects/tables from the development
>instance to production. Both production and development are 9.0.1 databases.
>Everything is the same, but it's a real headache. One time during an import,
>we had a bunch of packages get corrupted. This is just out for debate and
>input. How are other people doing this? We can't be the only ones. I'm
>trying to get the easiest most efficient way to move pages from development
>to production. Thanks for any input.

You could use the freeware DBATool to generate from the dev environment the DDL scripts that will recreate the prod database.

ie generate the schema DDL scripts, create the empty structure of the production database and then import with the ignore=Y option.

The DBATool also offers you the option of just generating certain types of DDL. So if you wanted to move just the packages over without moving any data you could easily do so.

http://www.DataBee.com/dt_home.htm

Regards
Dale

Need instant schema documentation? Check out the DDL to HTML generator in the free DataBee DBATool. http://www.DataBee.com/dt_home.htm Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 07:14:20 CDT