Re: login.sql

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 6 Jun 2002 02:32:51 -0700

> How do you ceate the login.sql at startup.

I am not sure what exactly you mean by 'create a login.sql at startup' but I presume what you're actually asking is: How do you have sqlplus execute login.sql when sqlplus is started.

Under this assumption, here's how you do it: (Assumption number 2: you're working on windows. I take assumptions 2 becuase people working on unix usually are much more familiar with startup scripts and the like)

Make sure you have a envrionment variable by the name of SQLPATH. You can temporarily set this variable with set SQLPATH=c:\mystuff\sql
but you need to realize that its value will be lost when you exit the dos box.
So make sure its set somewhere in settings->control panel->system-> environment (w2k, that is, most probably different on nt4)

Ok, then go to that directory and insert your login.sql in there.

Alternativly, I believe you can also insert a value in the registry under my computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ The name would be SQLPATH and its value c:\foo\bar I am not sure with that registry solution though and would be glad if someone could confirm that.

Hth
Rene Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 04:32:51 CDT