Re: Execute immediate problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 6 Jun 2002 01:43:20 -0700

Geert Roelof <grploeg_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:<3CFE976E.8040103_at_xs4all.nl>...
> Hello,
>
> I build a pl/sql procedure which generates pl/sql. I use a dummy script
> and some variables. Those variables are the replace and the whole
> generated pl/sql code is executed by using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE (V_SCRIPT)
>
> V_Script is defined as varchar2(32767)
>
> The following problem occurs. When I generate a script which is less
> then 2000 characters long everything works fine. But when i generate a
> script which is larger then 2000 characters it fails with the error: Not
> enough privileges. (?) I check the code and its correct, but i cannot
> get it into the database with an execute immediate.
>
> The documentation states that execute immediate can handle scripts as
> large as 32K so what is happening here?
>
> Does anyone out there have a clue?
>
> Any suggestions are welcome
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> G.R. van der Ploeg
> Senior developer
> Geove/RZG

As your post is intentionally vague, providing no more information than 'It doesn't work' and you can't expect anyone going to set up a similar case, and crystall balls have been worn out here, please try to be as precise as possible, or don't expect accurate responses

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 03:43:20 CDT