Execute immediate problem

From: Geert Roelof <grploeg_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 00:57:50 +0200

Hello,

I build a pl/sql procedure which generates pl/sql. I use a dummy script and some variables. Those variables are the replace and the whole generated pl/sql code is executed by using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE (V_SCRIPT)

V_Script is defined as varchar2(32767)

The following problem occurs. When I generate a script which is less then 2000 characters long everything works fine. But when i generate a script which is larger then 2000 characters it fails with the error: Not enough privileges. (?) I check the code and its correct, but i cannot get it into the database with an execute immediate.

The documentation states that execute immediate can handle scripts as large as 32K so what is happening here?

Does anyone out there have a clue?

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance

G.R. van der Ploeg
Senior developer
Geove/RZG Received on Wed Jun 05 2002 - 17:57:50 CDT