Customer Interface roadblock & questions

From: george lewycky <gelewyc_at_nyct.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2002 13:14:37 -0700

Has anyone had any success performing customer interface from a legacy to oracle financials on NT ???

Also has anyone been to do Customer Interface on a VISION db??

Below is what I encountered:

I used SQL*LOADER as shown below:

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'cust_spcl.txt'
INSERT INTO TABLE RA_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE_ALL FIELDS TERMINATED BY '","' TRAILING NULLCOLS (
ORIG_SYSTEM_CUSTOMER_REF,CUSTOMER_NAME,ADDRESS1, ADDRESS2,ADDRESS3,ADDRESS4,CITY,STATE,
POSTAL_CODE,COUNTRY,INSERT_UPDATE_FLAG,
LAST_UPDATED_BY,
LAST_UPDATE_DATE,
CREATED_BY,CREATION_DATE,CUSTOMER_CATEGORY_CODE, CUSTOMER_STATUS,ORIG_SYSTEM_ADDRESS_REF, PRIMARY_SITE_USE_FLAG,SITE_USE_CODE
)

and then run under INTERFACE - Customer
only to face useless messages

To Whom It May Concern:

Below is my history of customer interface and my SQL*LOADER run, results, etc
I am encountering difficulty while running the CUSTOMER INTERFACE, the third pass being the most recent.

Currently this is being done on the VISION database since our TEST machine isn&#8217;t fully ready yet.

I was instructed to find the values in the INTERFACE_STATUS field of the RA_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE_ALL table and I found these values:

I&#8217;M BAFFLED WITH D0 THRU D7, E1 & E2 which is indicating I have two different addresses, cities, states, etc????? B0 pertaining to the SITE_USE_CODE not being defined in AR_LOOKUPS im baffled with also since I took a value directly from it.

I set autonumbering ON now so disregard O3

Attached is a zipped file of my code and the data file being loaded

Thanks in Advance

George R Lewycky
NY City Transit Authority
Brooklyn NYC
gelewyc_at_nyct.com

INTERFACE_STATUS

B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,

                                                 Customer Interface
Transfer Report
                                             Current system time is
20-MAY-2002 12:40:19
                                                         Request Id =
803696
                                                          User Id =
1001634

RA_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE RA_CUSTOMERS RA_ADDRESSES RA_SITE_USES

--------------------------- ---------------------------
--------------------------- ---------------------------
Total Records =   221   Total Customers =     0   Total Addresses =
 0   Total Site Uses =     0
Inserted Records =     0   Customers Inserted =     0   Addresses
Inserted =     0   Site Uses Inserted =     0
Updated Records =     0   Customers Updated =     0   Addresses
Updated =     0   Site Uses Updated = N/A
Exception Records = 221

 RA_CUSTOMER_RELATIONSHIPS

 Total Relations =     0
 Relations Inserted =     0

 Relations Updated = N/A

RA_CUSTOMER_PROFILES_INTERFACE AR_CUSTOMER_PROFILES AR_CUSTOMER_PROFILE_AMOUNTS

------------------------------ --------------------------

--------------------------------
Total Records = 0 Total Profiles = 0 Total Profile Amounts = 0 Inserted Records = 0 Profiles Inserted = 0 Profile Amounts Inserted = 0 Updated Records = 0 Profiles Updated = 0 Profile Amounts Updated = 0 Exception Records = 0

RA_CONTACT_PHONES_INTERFACE RA_CONTACTS RA_PHONES

--------------------------- ---------------------------
---------------------------
Total Records =     0   Total Contacts =     0    Total Phones =     0
Inserted Records =     0   Contacts Inserted =     0    Phones
Inserted =     0
Updated Records =     0   Contacts Updated =     0    Phones Updated =
    0
Exception Records =     0

RA_CUST_PAY_METHOD_INTERFACE AR_CUST_RECEIPT_METHODS

---------------------------- ---------------------------------
Total Records =     0    Total Payment Methods =     0
Inserted Records =     0    Payment Methods Inserted =     0
Exception Records =     0

RA_CUSTOMER_BANKS_INTERFACE AP_BANK_BRANCHES AP_BANK_ACCOUNTS AP_BANK_ACCOUNT_USES

--------------------------- ---------------------------
--------------------------- -------------------------------
Total Records =     0   Total Branches =     0    Total Accounts =
0    Total Customer Banks =     0
Inserted Records =     0   Branches Inserted =     0    Accounts
Inserted =     0    Customer Banks Inserted =     0
Exception Records =     0

============================================ Exception Records in
RA_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE ===========================================

Customer Reference Address Reference Site Use Error Message

--------------------------- --------------------------- -----------

0240 n/a ACCOUNTING SITE_USE_CODE is not defined in AR_LOOKUPS. LOCATION is mandatory when the system option Automatic Site Numb ering is set to No. Address reference has two different customers defined in RA_CUST OMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ORIG_SYSTEM_CUSTOMER_REF fiel Address reference has two different ADDRESS1 values defined in R A_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS1 field of all r Address reference has two different ADDRESS2 values defined in 7 A_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS2 field of all r Address reference has two different ADDRESS3 values defined in R A_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS3 field of all r Address reference has two different ADDRESS4 values defined in R A_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS4 field of all r Address reference has two different cities defined in RA_CUSTOME RS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS4 field of all records re Address reference has two different postal codes defined in RA_C USTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the POSTAL_CODE field of all r Address reference has two different states defined in RA_CUSTOME RS_INTERFACE. Please update the State field of all records refer Address reference has two different countries defined in RA_CUST OMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the Country field of all records Address reference has two identical site use codes defined in RA _CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the SITE_USE_CODE field of a 0245 n/a ACCOUNTING SITE_USE_CODE is not defined in AR_LOOKUPS. LOCATION is mandatory when the system option Automatic Site Numb ering is set to No. Address reference has two different customers defined in RA_CUST OMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ORIG_SYSTEM_CUSTOMER_REF fiel Address reference has two different ADDRESS1 values defined in R A_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS1 field of all r Address reference has two different ADDRESS2 values defined in R A_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS2 field of all r Address reference has two different ADDRESS3 values defined in R A_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS3 field of all r Address reference has two different ADDRESS4 values defined in R A_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS4 field of all r Address reference has two different cities defined in RA_CUSTOME RS_INTERFACE. Please update the ADDRESS4 field of all records re Address reference has two different postal codes defined in RA_C USTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the POSTAL_CODE field of all r Address reference has two different states defined in RA_CUSTOME RS_INTERFACE. Please update the State field of all records refer Address reference has two different countries defined in RA_CUST OMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the Country field of all records Address reference has two identical site use codes defined in RA

_CUSTOMERS_INTERFACE. Please update the SITE_USE_CODE field of a

WHATS WRONG WITH MY ZIP CODES????????????????

 How Does Oracle handle postal codes/zip codes??????  does it validate somewhere, add the zips as they are entered or   assumes they are valid or ?????????????

Customer Reference Address Reference Error Message

------------------------------- -----------------------------

---------------------------------------
0240 n/a Warning: The Postal Code is not within the range defined in the System Options window. 0245 n/a Warning: The Postal Code is not within the range defined in the System Options window. 0246 n/a Warning: The Postal Code is not within the range defined in the System Options window. 0247 n/a Warning: The Postal Code is not within the range defined in the System Options window. 0253 n/a Warning: The Postal Code is not within the range defined in the System Options window. 0267 n/a Warning: The Postal Code is not within the range defined in the System

SOMEONE INSTRUCTED ME TO LOOK AT THIS FIELD ON THE RA_CUSTOMER_INTERFACE_ALL
TABLE FOR DETAILED ERRORS I&#8217;M BAFFLED WITH D0 THRU D7, E1 & E2 which is indicating I have two different addresses, cities, states, etc????? B0 pertaining to the SITE_USE_CODE not being defined in AR_LOOKUPS im baffled with also since I took a value directly from it.

INTERFACE_STATUS

B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,
B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,

INTERFACE_STATUS

B0,O3,E2,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D0,E1,

221 rows selected. Received on Wed Jun 05 2002 - 15:14:37 CDT