sessions and locks on procedures

From: fabienne hadkova <fh_at_q-bus.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:36:43 +0200

hello

first, since I am fairly new to oracle, I'ld be glad for links to information, so as not to constently bother all of you with newbie-questions.
now, my problem (excuse me if it turns out long, I don't know how to explain it fast):
my company built an application for another company, including some stored procedures. the procedures need to compile at every start of the application (why this is would be too long to explain). we have had the problem many times that, on the side of our client, the start-skript for compiling the procedures and running them has been started simultaneously by several people, resulting in a lock and bringing the application to a time out.
now, I am writing a script checking all sorts of environment-variables and settings which can cause problems, so I need a query which checks the locks and finds out who started compiling and when. The problem is that I don't know how to do it as a regular user, all I have tried needs sys or system-privileges, which we don't have. is there another way to query this? I hope I could explain my problem clearly enough and thanks in advance fabienne Received on Wed Jun 05 2002 - 10:36:43 CDT