Re: Need an advise from experts

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:06:09 GMT

John Claxton wrote:

> Kris,
> Think of were the *BIG* boys are going. (Oracle is already there.)
> Web apps are the here and now. Client-server never lived up to the
> hype.
> Sigh. Oracle's application suite (11i) is web based. PeopleSoft, SAP,
> et al
> are all playing catch-up. Oracle's tools for creating web applications
> are powerful, flexible, and are the way to go.
> Good luck.
> jc
>
> "Kristijan Deberni" <kdeberni_at_infotrans.pl> wrote in message
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I am starting a new project. The project is consirning a transport company
> > which have about 20-30 offices all over the Europe. The main idea is to
> > create a centralized system, what means one main database server to which
> > would be connected all offices.
> > The problem is should this sytem be web oriented (e-busines) or
> > client-server ( for example created in Delphi).
> > Our partners are trying to convict us to create web oriented system, but
> > from my poor expiriance I know that user interface in such cases is very
> > bad. Insted in the system are very complicated connections between the data,
> > that means operator have to choose some data entered earlier, connect to
> > just enetered data with some special options and so on and so on...
> > So, I need an advise from people who created, worked or just sow some
> > examples like this or are oriented how realy is in web, what are the
> > posibilities and what is the future.
> >
> > Thanks to all
> > Kris
>
> --

Whether any technology lives up to its potential depends on who defines the potential.

If the potential is defined by the marketing/public relations arm of a software company it will always live up to it right up until the next version or paradigm is released.

If I don't tell you that the current version solves all of your problems you won't purchase it.

If I don't tell you that it didn't to sell you the next version your won't purchase that one either.

Which part of what professional marketers do for a living escapes those in technology?

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Jun 05 2002 - 10:06:09 CDT