Re: oracle 9i connection string with SYS account

From: John Claxton <johnclaxton_at_advi.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 23:04:32 +0000 (UTC)

Tojo,

        What privileges are granted depends entirely on what the user will be doing once they're connected to the database. Roles are collections
of privileges and other roles.

        Typically you bundle up a bunch of privileges (say for the FIN schema and a subset of objects ... those involved with PAY) and create a role with all those privileges. Then you grant that role to the user. jc