Re: Help on 8.1.7 Personal Install on Windows 98

From: Will <willd_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 15:04:46 -0400

On Wed, 22 May 2002 23:38:57 GMT, chughes1_at_nyc.rr.com (Cameron) wrote:

>On Wed, 22 May 2002 23:54:17 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker"
><postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
>

>>"Cameron" <chughes1_at_nyc.rr.com> wrote in message

A similar problem happened on my Win98SE computer when I installed version 8.1.6.0.0. When the system restarted I ran Symantec WinDoctor and it found 74 problems with the system. These ranged from erroneous ActiveX entries to Shared Files missing. Once all of the problems were corrected I ran the Configuration Assistant again and it created the new Database Instance without any problems.

Yep - that is where my system ran into a problem. See solution above.

Will
To reply remove 'nospam' from my address Received on Sun Jun 02 2002 - 14:04:46 CDT