Re: connect to a remote Oracle db using PLSQL procedure

From: Claudia Gambetta <claudiagambetta_at_tiscali.it>
Date: 2 Jun 2002 09:09:31 -0700

Tim Cross <tcross_at_pobox.une.edu.au> wrote in message news:<87elftult6.fsf_at_blind-bat.une.edu.au>...
> claudiagambetta_at_tiscali.it (Claudia Gambetta) writes:
>
> > I need to connect to a remote Oracle db using PLSQL procedure.
> > I don't know if it's possible and what is the right way to solve
> > this problem.
> > I tried to use "connect username/password_at_service_name" like SQLPlus
> > but this command is not on hand in PLSQL.
> >
> > Help me, Please.
> > Claudia (Italy, Rome)
>
> What about just defining a database link? e.g.
> CREATE DATABASE LINK otherdb CONNECT TO scott IDENTIFIED BY tiger
> USING 'DBNAME.world';
>
> Then you can just access remote objects by qualifying them with the
> @link_name e.g.
>
> SELECT sysdate FROM dual_at_otherdb;
>
> Tim
> --

Claudia Gambetta<claudiagambetta_at_tiscalinet.it>

hello to all, and thanks of your aid, only, that I have tried to write a function with the cursore having a select * from schema.tabella_at_db_link, that if db the correspondent to the db_link is not connected the function only blocks and from these errors, without the possibility to manage them through exception.Come making then. Thanks still hello claudia

errors:

ORA-04052 ERRORE VERIFICATOSI DURANTE LA RICERCA DI OGGETTO REMOTO NOME_SCHEMA.TABLE_at_DB_LINK ORA-00604 ERRORE RISCONTRATO IN SQL RICORSIVO LIVELLO 1 ORA-12535 TNS OPERAZIONE FUORI TEMPO Received on Sun Jun 02 2002 - 11:09:31 CDT