OEM and OMS and server authentication error VNI-2015

From: Peter Chatterton <peter_at_chatterton.name>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 19:25:34 -0400

I'm new to 9iAS and as a learning exercise i'm trying an import using EM (this is right after installation (of version 1, under win 2000), so i don't really know if everything is all there).

I've created an OMS with a repository called OEM_WIN2K_OEMREP and there's a database called OEMREP. Apparently the OMS is called win2K. Also win2k:80 is the name of my HTTP server. Note: the case is sensitive here.

After this i login as SYSTEM/manager. and try to import but get: "Preferred Credentials for node win2K are not set or invalid". So i change preferences to SYSDBA for win2K/node (I may not have explained that quite right).

The next time i try the import i get the following while sending request to remote host:
VNI-2015 : Authentication error.

Also I can't start the HTTP Server win2k:80, getting the same message.

Any help would be appreciated, Peter. Received on Sat Jun 01 2002 - 18:25:34 CDT