OCITransStart Problem, starting simple readonly transaction

From: David B <boileaub_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 May 2002 09:34:08 -0700

I have an OCI application that run using the simple local transaction scheme. In this mode, transaction are initiated when an sql is sent, I commit the transaction using OCITransCommit() or OCITransRollback() to rollback.

According to the Oracle OCI documentation, to start a read only transaction, I need to explicitly start the transaction using OCITransStart()

So I added the following code for the read only local transaction :

checkStatus(

         OCITransStart( _serviceContext,

DbEnvOracle::getInstance().getErrorHandle(),
                               0,
                              OCI_TRANS_NEW | OCI_TRANS_READONLY )
);

Running my application with this causes checkStatus() to fail ... OCITransStart return OCI_INVALID_HANDLE
I know that _serviceContext and the error handle should be valid since my application works fine without OCITransStart().

Do I have to manually allocate a transaction handle ? or am I missing a step... Received on Fri May 31 2002 - 11:34:08 CDT