Change comma by dot

From: Ralph <crrs_at_airtel.net>
Date: 30 May 2002 05:11:06 -0700

I have to modify a program written in Forms 4.5 under Oracle 7.3.

The numeric masks looks like 999G999D99

This is prepared for spanish input. Normally decimal separator is comma ',' and group separator is dot '.'

For this specific form, they want to input the numeric data with the dot as a decimal separator.

I have added a trigger when-new-form-instance with the

Forms_DDL('ALTER SESSION SET NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = ''.,''');

or DBMS_SESSION.set_nls('nls_territory','america');

or any other combination ( I have made many), but I always get an error FRM-40209 field must be of form 999G999D99

I don't want to modify the program to change the mask.

Any idea of what to do? Thanks Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 07:11:06 CDT