Re: Microsoft Ole Db For Oracle and Windows NT 2000

From: Dion Brown <dion_at_brownd8.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:55:54 +0100

I've tried it on my machine using WindowsXp and Ado 2.7 and it worked ok.

Are you able to post the connection string that you are using? This is the connection string I used "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=tiger;User ID=scott;Data Source=DEV"

Also what connection method are you using? (Local names, Oracle names server or Host names).

You might want to look at the Oracle Ole DB provider as well, it just to be a separate download, but I think you can only get it now packaged as part of the 8.1.7 client.