Re: Simple views

From: Martin Soederstroem <MartinSo_at_privat.utfors.se>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 00:35:55 +0200

On Wed, 29 May 2002 01:26:47 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>"Martin Soederstroem" <MartinSo_at_privat.utfors.se> wrote in message
>> My book (8i) tells me that you cannot use order by or group by on
>> simple views. When I test it on SQL Plus (9i) group and order by seems
>> to work fine on simple views. Is this something new in 9i or have I
>> misunderstood something?
>
>This restriction might have been lifted.
>Please check the 9i release notes and/or the new features appendix usually
>provided with the doco.
>
>Hth

It helped me find the new features index. Nothing about any simple views or group bys, though. The only thing about views I could find was that something called "partition views" had been desupported. But that was as of 8.1.6, so what is it doing in the 9i documentation? Received on Wed May 29 2002 - 17:35:55 CDT