Re: How to tell what users/schemas are in a DMP file

From: Andy Finkenstadt <kahuna_at_panix.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:15:33 +0000 (UTC)

In <3CF4EFF2.AE30AC7E_at_enabletech.com> Anne Nolan <anolanNOSPAM_at_enabletech.com> writes:
>Is there some option for the IMP utility or some other utility that
>reports the users represented in a DMP file? I've done some searching
>at google but haven't turned up anything yet. Maybe there's something
>simple that I've overlooked.

IMP ... SHOW=Y IMP HELP=Y Import: Release 8.1.7.2.1 - Production on Wed May 29 11:18:27 2002

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

You can let Import prompt you for parameters by entering the IMP command followed by your username/password:

     Example: IMP SCOTT/TIGER

Or, you can control how Import runs by entering the IMP command followed by various arguments. To specify parameters, you use keywords:

     Format:  IMP KEYWORD=value or KEYWORD=(value1,value2,...,valueN)
     Example: IMP SCOTT/TIGER IGNORE=Y TABLES=(EMP,DEPT) FULL=N
               or TABLES=(T1:P1,T1:P2), if T1 is partitioned table

USERID must be the first parameter on the command line.

Keyword Description (Default) Keyword Description (Default)

USERID   username/password           FULL         import entire file (N)
BUFFER   size of data buffer         FROMUSER     list of owner usernames
FILE     input files (EXPDAT.DMP)    TOUSER       list of usernames
SHOW     just list file contents (N) TABLES       list of table names
IGNORE   ignore create errors (N)    RECORDLENGTH length of IO record
GRANTS   import grants (Y)           INCTYPE      incremental import type
INDEXES  import indexes (Y)          COMMIT       commit array insert (N)
ROWS     import data rows (Y)        PARFILE      parameter filename
LOG      log file of screen output   CONSTRAINTS  import constraints (Y)
DESTROY overwrite tablespace data file (N) INDEXFILE write table/index info to specified file SKIP_UNUSABLE_INDEXES skip maintenance of unusable indexes (N) ANALYZE execute ANALYZE statements in dump file (Y) FEEDBACK display progress every x rows(0) TOID_NOVALIDATE skip validation of specified type ids FILESIZE maximum size of each dump file
RECALCULATE_STATISTICS recalculate statistics (N)

The following keywords only apply to transportable tablespaces TRANSPORT_TABLESPACE import transportable tablespace metadata (N) TABLESPACES tablespaces to be transported into database DATAFILES datafiles to be transported into database TTS_OWNERS users that own data in the transportable tablespace set

Import terminated successfully without warnings.

--
Andrew Finkenstadt (http://www.finkenstadt.com/andy/)