Re: How to restore a cold backup?

From: Anthony Hogan <ahogan-nospam-_at_iespana.es>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:57:43 +0000

  1. Yes. This is a fairly special case: Win2K = WinNT. Normally the only method to copy a database between O/S is export/import.
  2. I think you're a bit confused here: Any database you create on the new server will have absolutely nothing to do with the restoration. If the question is whether it matters where ORACLE_HOME is located then, no it doesn't matter.
  3. See 2.
  4. It's not complex at all. The only kicker here is that you need to know what you are doing. You should first read Howard J. Rogers' excellent documents or, failing that, the Oracle Backup and Recovery documentation.

Anthony Hogan.