From: Luciano Belotto <luciano_at_nospam.com>
Date: 28 May 2002 16:08:55 GMT

I have an Excel file with multiple sheets. Each sheet has as it's first row, the column or field header.

Here's what I'd like to do:
For each sheet in the file, automatically create an Oracle table (the table name being the sheet name). Also automatically create all the fields in the table, taking the first row as the field names for each column. The fields can all be strings (varchar2). Then populate the other rows as the data.

I know I can do all this manually (saving each sheet as seperate file), but I'd like it to be automatic and as easy as the push of the button with just the Excel file itself. I'm hoping there's a program out there that does this?

--
Luciano Belotto
replace spam with traxsoftware for e-mail