CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE AS SELECT * FROM.....

From: Andrew Tindle <tindle_at_xilinx.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:53:42 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to create a temporary table using the 'CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE AS SELECT <col1>,<col2>.... FROM <tab1>......' syntax.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to extend this syntax so that the table keeps the data for the session, not just the transaction; i.e replicate the 'ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS' clause that would be used if creating the temp table with the explicit columns defined.

TIA Andrew Received on Tue May 28 2002 - 10:53:42 CDT