Re: [Humor] How to decode an Oracle DBA Want-Ad

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 28 May 2002 07:40:38 -0700

I've been accused of single handedly undermining the entire DBA hiring process by providing my 30+ pages of interview questions and answers free for the taking (oh no....do I here another me too avalance?). It pretty much demonstrates that those doing the hiring have no clue about what a DBA does and in many cases, neither does the candidtate...:) I had one interviewee that called me from a cell phone parked on the side of the road and then got upset when I actually wanted him to answer some indepth Oracle questions, he said "I don't have time for this" and hung up. Needless to say, he didn't get the job...

Mike