Re: Portal and apache...

From: emerald <emerald_at_net.hr>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:09:49 +0200

someone <me_at_whatever.net> wrote in message news:actqpj$7ro$1_at_newsreader1.mclink.it...

> Does anybody know if it's possible to install portal and apache
> on different machine?
> I went through all the documentation on the technet site... but
> i couldn't find any response (yes or no)
>
> thx
>
> /G

Yes it is. I have configuration like that. When you install portal, you are asked about TNS string. You can give TNS for any database on the network, and portal will be installed there. Not only that, you can have two machines with Apache to connect to same database. Received on Mon May 27 2002 - 13:09:49 CDT