Microsoft Ole Db For Oracle and Windows NT 2000

From: Roberto <robleo_at_iol.it>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 20:35:40 GMT

My configuration:

Windows Nt 2000 SP2
Microsoft Ado 2.5
Microsoft Ole Db Provider for Oracle
Oracle Client 8.1.5

I have the following problem with Microsoft Ole Db for Oracle: When I try to connect to a data source it gives the following error sometimes:

"TNS: couldn't resolve service name"

The connection works good with SQL PLUS and Net8 doesn't give to me any error (the connection work well)

When I try to connect to Oracle with ODBC or OLE DB PROVIDER for ODBC I don't find problems

I have installed then Oracle Client 8.1.7 and then Microsoft Ole Db for Oracle Work well ...why ? Received on Sat May 25 2002 - 15:35:40 CDT