Re: Import wizard needs OMS in EM

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 18:24:00 GMT

Peter,

You might also want to take a look at the files generated by my Installgen product. It creates the database creation scripts along with a whole set of backup, recovery and documentation files for both primary and standby Oracle database servers. These scripts include the creation of an Oracle Management server and an RMAN repository.
Here is a brief summary of features:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/installgen_features_be nefits.html

You may download a demo version of Installgen so that you may conveniently look at or modify the scripts on your own computer: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/downloads/demo_software/index.html

Or you may choose to browse the individual output files via the web: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/installgen_files_win90 1.html

David Simpson
"Peter Chatterton" <peter_at_chatterton.name> wrote in message news:jOEH8.12188$qn1.3102663_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> I've just installed 9iAS and am trying to use the import wizard in EM
(right
> click on the database name), but it needs a Management Server. I can only
> login stand-alone because the pull-down list of Mgmt Servers is empty.
What