Re: cursor

From: Hans-Gerd Sandhagen <Hans-Gerd.Sandhagen_at_ginko.de>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 13:00:36 +0200

Hi,

what you want to count? The columns or the rows in a table.

If you want to count the rows in a table use "select count(*) from <table>".

If you want to know, how much columns are in a table you can ask the data dictionary:

select count(*)

   from USER_TAB_COLUMNS
  where Table_Name = '<YourTable>';

Hans-Gerd Sandhagen