Re: ORA-12541:TNS:no listener - test did not succeed

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:38:59 GMT

Louis Dumont wrote:

> I have my oracle program located in the c:\program files dir an the oracle
> home directory in d:\oracle. I have been trying to use one of several GUI's
> and each time i get the error as captioned.
>
> Can some one tele me how I can use Net8 config assistant to set up the
> listener.
>
> Thanks in advance

The files in Program Files are not the Oracle program. The Oracle program is likely installed at:
d:\oracle\ora81\bin

Likely the listener is just fine. The error message is most likely indicating that it can't find it meaning you need to see if Oracle_sid is properly set.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri May 24 2002 - 17:38:59 CDT