Re: Why control files are needed for restore of hot backup?

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2002 09:12:08 -0700

Thank you all for your replies, even for the ones which were not as polite as they could be. The reason for discussion groups is to try to get people's opinion on topics, and no one should be insulted while asking a valid question. The backup/recovery scenarios are not always as clear-cut as some DBAs make it, as can be witnessed by the thickness of Oracle's books on this topic. I'm just starting in the DBA field, and I'm never the kind of person to just follow a procedure blindly. I had to deal with such a DBA in the past (the type who can't do anything without his notebook), and I hope to never see him again. It's by trying to go deeper that we improve ourselves, and are better prepared for any situation which might arise in the future.

Daniel Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 11:12:08 CDT